- Your Personal Information is Only Collected To Provide You a Service
- The Information Collected By AllSecure
- What You Should Know About Specific Product
- We Use Your PII to Provide Improved Services
- We Don’t Sell Your Privacy
- You Are Notified if We Require by Law to Disclose Your PII
- We Share Your PII Where Necessary to Provide the Services
- We Share Your PII to Avoid Unnecessary Marketing
- We Share Data That is Aggregated and Anonymized
- You Can Update Your Privacy Settings
- Data Retention Policy
- You Can Permanently Delete Location Data at Any Time
- PII Posted to Our Blog and Community Forum Should Be Considered Public
- We Take Security Seriously
- You Are Responsible for Maintaining the Accuracy and Confidentiality of Your Email Address and Password
- You Need a Parent’s Permission to Use AllSecure if You Are Under 13
- We Are Not Responsible for Content on Third-Party Websites
- Contact Us if You Have Any Queries or Concerns
To create an account, you must provide your email address and a password. You may also enter your mobile phone number to verify your account via a text message.B. CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
When you use AllSecure, our servers automatically record certain information about your mobile device. This information may include information such as an equipment identifier (e.g., IMEI, UDID), subscriber identifier (e.g., IMSI), device name, mobile phone number, device type and manufacturer, operating system type and version, wireless carrier / operator, network type, country of origin, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the dates and times of your requests. We use this information to provide our services. For example, collecting your device’s phone number allows the service to contact your phone via SMS when you locate your phone from the AllSecure web application.D. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
We use mobile analytics software so that we can improve our products. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, and where the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.F. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR USE OF ALLSECURE’S WEBSITE AND MOBILE WEBSITE
We use an analytics service to measure how people use our website so that we can improve our products and services. The analytics service works by embedding invisible images that are associated with unique identifiers on our site. We do not tie the information gathered through the use of clear images to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
AllSecure Mobile Security and Anti-Theft, which are available on different platforms, protects your device from getting lost or stolen. You can locate your phone on a map using location information provided by your phone, activate a loud alarm even if your phone is on silent so that you can find your phone easily, wipe your phone, or lock your phone. Features and settings are controlled through our website at my.allsecure.me and AllSecure mobile application.
What types of information Anti-Theft collects:• Location Data
AllSecure derives location information in two ways. We may receive it directly from your mobile device, or, in some situations, we may receive location data from cell tower or Wi-Fi hotspot information. We may use third-party service providers to translate that information into usable location information.
How the information that Anti-Theft collects is used:
Our purpose to collect the information is to provide you with the location of your phone when you request it. If you activate the locate feature in Find My Device, your browser will send location information to Google Maps in order to display a map of the location within your AllSecure account webpage. When activating this feature, we track the phone’s location according your preferred time interval in order to provide an accurate location for you. This information is retained in your account history for as long as you wish and may be deleted by you at any time, from your account settings. If you choose to delete this information or disable your account, AllSecure anonymizes this data so that it is no longer associated with any personally identifiable information. We keep that anonymized data for aggregate statistical purposes only.
AllSecure Backup securely stores copies of your phone data that you choose to back up.
What types of information Backup collects:
Backup transmits a copy of your phone data that you choose to back up to a secure server, using an encrypted protocol. The data may include your messages, contacts, call history, pictures and other data. AllSecure Backup automatically backs up your data based on your settings, can restore your data to a new or existing phone, and allows you to retrieve your data any time from my.allsecure.me
If you choose to back up your data on third-party services (i.e. Dropbox). AllSecure will not be responsible for personal data being compromised or lost through a third party service as a result of a user’s preferences.
How the information that Backup collects is used:
If you choose to use the AllSecure Backup feature, we will use the data you provide to deliver the Backup service. In order to notify you in the case of malicious activity on your phone, AllSecure may scan both the data that is stored on your phone and backed up to our servers.
AllSecure’s Bugshot feature uses your device’s camera and microphone features to help you figure out where your device might be (and who might have it) in the event that your device is lost or stolen. Bugshot activates your device’s camera & microphone remotely, without sound or notification, and sends the resulting picture or sound to your account. For example, if someone steals your phone and fails to unlock it, Bugshot allows you to see what they look like or what the surrounding feels like to figure out where they are without alerting them.
What types of information Bugshot collects:
AllSecure captures the photograph from your device’s front or back camera. Mugshot is captured upon your request from the web.
AllSecure records surrounding from your device using the microphone. Sound is recorded upon your request from the web.
How information that Bugshot collects is used:
When Bugshot is activated and a photo is taken or sound is recorded, the picture and sound are stored on our servers so we can share the picture and sound to your account. The picture and sound can be deleted by the user at any time from the web. We send the picture and sound to your account, so remember to check your account after sending a Bugshot request. We use technical information about Bugshot activites on your device only to study, optimize, and troubleshoot our products.
If you don’t want data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you prefer not to use any cookies, you can also opt out in some browsers by turning on “Do Not Track” or visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to opt out directly.
- If you fill out a survey or email AllSecure for support, we will retain the information you give us in order to provide you with support and to improve our Services.
- Where available, AllSecure may use client device information to let you know you need to update your operating system.
- We may share encrypted (hashed) equipment identifier numbers with analytics services to understand how new users find out about our application.
- We may send text messages to your phone to communicate with your device.
- We may use your email address or mobile number for administrative purposes, such as sending privacy or security related notices, notifying you of major AllSecure Services changes, to contact you regarding product announcements such as special promotions or new products and services, or for other customer service purposes.
14. Personal Identifiable Information Posted to Our Blog and Community Forum Should Be Considered PublicIf you comment on the blog, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of those blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs or for any content you receive as a result of sharing such information. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. If we are not able to remove your personal information, we will let you know why.
16. You Are Responsible for Maintaining the Accuracy and Confidentiality of Your Email Address and PasswordYou are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other services. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately via the AllSecure website, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. You are responsible for ensuring that the email address associated with your account is accurate. We use that email to contact you about service updates, changes to our policies, and account activities such as requests for your information or locate attempts on your device. AllSecure is not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of a user’s providing an incorrect email address.
- Original policy effective as of September 10, 2013.